Our Lady of Prompt Succor School places high priority on school safety and we continually strive to seek new ways to enhance our school safety operations. To keep you informed, we have listed several safety measures currently in place which are designed to safeguard students and staff.
OLPS implements the following safety measures:
At Our Lady of Prompt Succor School, your children come first. Thank you for entrusting them to our care. Our school Administration is currently considering other options to enhance our existing campus safety program. OLPS will continue to strive to have the people, processes, infrastructure, and emergency plans in place throughout our school to help safeguard your children.
- Campus Safety Department: The School Resource Officer (SRO) patrols the campus, secures the perimeter of the school, and monitors outside activity in surrounding areas. She watches for and reports irregularities such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations. In addition, she contacts emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
- Visitor Registry: All visitors must register with the front office before having access to the building.
- Twenty-Four Hour Surveillance System: We have digital cameras throughout the campus to monitor activities inside administrative offices and outside buildings.
- Controlled Access: All entry gates are monitored by a security guard. In addition, all classroom doors are locked during school hours. This allows for quicker response time in the event of a lockdown emergency.
- Emergency Training: Our administration leads and conducts various emergency training sessions. Such training includes fire emergency evacuations and lockdown simulations.
- Crisis Planning Team: Our school administrators evaluate school safety and emergency procedures throughout the year. We evaluate existing procedures and new safety tools. Our goal is to implement more effective and efficient ways to protect our students and staff.